Welcome to our Events list! Feel free to change the view to a monthly calendar, or check if we have any events today!
In order to register, click the title of the event you’re interested in. You’ll be brought to a new page with all the event information. Scroll down to the bottom of that page and click the “Website” link, under “Details” – this will bring you to our Eventbrite page where you’ll be able to register!
Hope to see you at one of our events soon!
- This event has passed.
TFEL Virtual Field Summit – Digital Story Premiere
July 16 @ 1:30 pm - July 17 @ 3:00 pm UTC+0
A plenary session, panel presentation, breakout discussions, and workshops have been organized to discuss the context of social work field education. Topics to be covered include the state of field education, digital storytelling, practice research, transformational learning, and indigenous field education. This Summit is designed for social work educators, students, researchers, and practitioners. This event is eligible for Continuing Education Credits.
Included in this registration is access ONLY to the Virtual Field Summit’s Digital Story Premiere on July 16 & 17, 2020
The Digital Story Premiere will show a “reel” of Digital Stories created by social work students through workshops and mentorship with TFEL Co-Investigator, Dr. Christine Walsh. The student creators will share their experiences and host a Q & A session. The same “reel” will be shown both dates, but different students will be present each day for the Q & A.
- Emily Tetrault: My Journey as a Social Work Student
- Marina Hirning: Working with Addiction and Mental Health
- Clarissa Foss: COVID 19 School Closed
- Karen Lok Yi Wong: My Story of Remote Practicum
- Cindy Nguyen: Ơi — Living as an Asian in COVID 19
- Andrea Rosenberger-Deleeuw: Using My Bundle to Navigate the Waves of Grief
- Heather Shenton: A Mother’s Grief, Helping my Daughter through Anorexia Nervosa
- Heather Holdsworth: The Four Seasons of My Social Work Journey
- Jennifer Flynn: TBD*
In order to register for the Welcome, Plenary Session, & Panel Presentation, Breakout Discussions, and Workshops, please explore the links below:
- Welcome, Plenary Session, & Panel Presentation
- Breakout Discussions
- Workshop: Research as Daily Practice
- Workshop: Articulating Transformation in Field Education and Research through Digital Storytelling
- Workshop: Models for Integrating Research and Practice in Social Work Education
- Workshop: Wise Practices from the Indigisphere to the Land: Indigenous Intersectional Violence and Trauma-informed Field Education in Shifting Spaces of Learning