Virtual Field Summit
July 14 – 17, 2020
Our Virtual Field Summit occurred on July 14-17, 2020 and focused on issues facing social work field education.
A plenary session, panel presentation, breakout discussions, workshops, and digital stories were organized to discuss the context of social work field education. Topics covered included; the state of field education, digital storytelling, practice research, transformational learning, and indigenous field education. This Summit was designed for social work educators, students, researchers, and practitioners.
Click the links below to download PowerPoint Slides and view recordings from the Virtual Field Summit.
- Welcome, Plenary Session, and Panel Presentation
- Breakout Discussions
- Workshop: Research as Daily Practice
- Workshop: Articulating Transformation in Field Education and Research through Digital Storytelling
- Workshop: Models for Integrating Research and Practice in Social Work Education
- Workshop: Wise Practices from the Indigisphere to the Land: Indigenous Intersectional Violence and Trauma-informed Field Education in Shifting Spaces of Learning
- Digital Story Premiere